We've moved! Just without all the packing...come with us, we'd love for you to! =)

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://lifeatthelane.wordpress.com
and please don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The bus left...he's on his way


Matt (Julie's boyfriend) left for basic training today. He joined the Navy and has known for a while that this day was coming. Funny, I think Julie's been preparing for it in her own way. Knowing it's inevitable I've watched from a distance as she's made room between the two of them. Finding little things to bicker about and things that she doesn't 'like'. Took me a little bit to figure it out but truth is, that's her way of protecting herself from this....this day. But when the text came that read 'the bus just left..on his way to the airport', I know my Jules well enough to know it didn't work. There was too much emotion in those words.

She'll be fine and so will he! And no matter where the road leads them I know they'll be just fine! Whether it takes different paths for them or ends on the same, they're both good kids and will find their way. I'm sure I seem harsh when I say this but the reality is that he signed up for this. He did...no one made him and life's about choices. Even the really hard ones. So, Matt - no sympathy or extra points from me on that one (not that you wanted either)! :) But I'd be lying if I said when I told him goodbye on Sunday that there wasn't a part of me that felt a little sad. A little because I don't like to see Julie upset but mostly because he's someone's child, someone's brother, someone's friend, someone who's loved making a huge life decision! I can only imagine! We wish you the best Matt and know you'll do great! And remember what doesn't kill you makes you stronger! Do good Matty and Jules - you know where I am if you need me! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by