We've moved! Just without all the packing...come with us, we'd love for you to! =)

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://lifeatthelane.wordpress.com
and please don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Catchin up

It's been a minute since the last post. I've been busy or preoccupied...anyway, some highlights from the past week.

We had special visitors last weekend. Jim's Mom and Dad and our niece Morgan were in town. Morgan has been spending part of her summer vacations visiting for a few years now and it is always so good to catch up with her! Amazing how grown up she is. Makes me proud to be her Aunt! And let me just tell you that they weren't out of the driveway before there was a tear or two in my eyes! I miss her and always love spending time...once a year doesn't feel like enough! But I'm thankful for that time. Here are a few pics from our time together.



We set out for a lil family game of putt putt on Saturday morning...I thought it only fitting to include a pic of the winner! Congratulations to Jim's Mom... :) I love the way he looks like he's studying her technique in this pic - looking for some pointers? (picking :))

And keeping with the recent weather theme, it was hot! HOT!....but look at this sky! Love days like that!

transitioning....

My name is Mendie and I'm a gadgetholic. Not at all made to poke fun - I mean I seriously think I have a problem because I get the biggest high from new gadgets. So...when Jim came home to announce that he had dropped his phone in the parking lot and the screen was no longer working there was a lil part of me racing inside. But, doing the right thing I took it to the store to see if there were hopes of a resurrection. No such luck (ha)...so, I did the only thing I could do for the family - I took Jim's upgrade, got myself an iPhone and gave him my phone. I mean it was the easiest thing on him. We had the same phone prior to the crash so it would require no learning curve for him and I'd suffer through learning a new way of doing things...ok enough of that, I'm excited! :) Did you notice the new addition to the top right of the blog? See it there? That's an app! Have to admit it's not a lot different from my Droid but there are some things. Enough things for me to admit I'm in gadget love....here are a few of my favorite Instagram shots.
Ok, special attention to this pic please! I'll attach the original and the Instagram one....
Do you see it? In the cloud in the center? A face? I was playing around with different effects and all of a sudden it just popped out to me. And now that's all I can see when I look at it. I promise it's an unaltered picture - took from my iPhone sitting on our patio at dusk. Kinda gives me chills - good chills...love that Someone is watching over us!

We're looking forward to a good weekend. Nothing big planned for Saturday which is fine with me! Sunday is shaping up to be pretty action packed though - Julie's work shower for baby Jude and then maybe a baseball game. Rumor has it that a pretty famous Nationals pitcher might be warming up in our own back yard. Worth seeing!

Hope you've had a good week and will have an even better weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Omg! Can't wait to play with the "new" phone! And can I just say ewww to the face? Haha! See you soon....had it really been 2 weeks?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by