We've moved! Just without all the packing...come with us, we'd love for you to! =)

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://lifeatthelane.wordpress.com
and please don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

A little of this and that...

Quality time with Jon....

Since Tuesday he's been here most of the time...a week off from his summer class was perfectly timed with the US Open and with with no other things he had to do in Pennsylvania, he stayed through the weekend. And even though the sky threatened to let loose with rain at any moment which kept us off the water, we still had time with Jon...and that is just the best!

Do it himselfer....

This is our 7th summer in this house and each one of those Jim has worked on the grass like his life depends on it. Summer number one - we had nothing...small patches of weedy grass but mostly dry dusty dirt. We moved in December so the seed that came with the house didn't excatly grow, so we tried again in early spring. But come warm weather he was out there mowing what was there...picture Pigpen from The Peanuts skits...yep, that's what he looked like! But each year that followed he got more grass to grow until we had a real lawn. This year he decided that it was just taking too long for the lawn treatment people to show up for his early spring work so he did it himself. Turned out ok so it's his mission now. Big bag of fertilizer - check, spreader - check and he's off. Looks like a lot of work to me from my seat on the patio. Don't get me wrong we don't have a lot of ground to cover but still...anyway - it's looking green around here and I think I detect a sense of accomplishment.

Here's a little then and now for comparison:




April 2005


Now


Extreme!

So, there's a coupon craze going on. Who knew? Julie mentioned it to me a week or so ago and I half listened...but the other day when Jim and Jon went to play 9 holes (The Open has 'em a lil excited for golf) I was flipping through channels and found a show about it! OMG...seriously, $600 worth of groceries for less than $100. Now don't get me wrong, that means A LOT of cooking and let's just say that's not me. But, we have been eating at home lately and Luanne and I are always talking about ways to save money. This could be it...so today, I got a Sunday paper and scoured for things we use. Jon said (and I quote)...'this'll last one week'. He could soooo be right but this could be really cool. Time will tell ;)

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I'm looking so forward to a new washer and dryer arriving this week...pathetic? Ha...you have no idea! I'll tell ya more about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by