We've moved! Just without all the packing...come with us, we'd love for you to! =)

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://lifeatthelane.wordpress.com
and please don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Friday, November 27, 2009

Christmas traditions



Christmas traditions around here include getting the decorations out early! It's not unusual for lights to be twinkling early in November. BUT, once Christmas day is over...they're coming down! :) No joke, 2 days after and they're packed away waiting for next year. Funny, it becomes messy once the holiday has passed (at least that's how I feel).


Here's a peek at this year's tree (I'll share more in a couple of weeks when The Nester hosts The Christmas Tour of Homes ;)).



No matter my great intentions, it always seems I'm finishing up gathering presents and getting wrapping done all the way up to the last minute...please say I'm not alone!


We typically spend Christmas eve with Daddy and Linda - opening presents and spending time together. Mom and Jeff arrive Christmas morning and stay until around lunch time. Then it's off to Daddy and Linda's to visit with family before heading off to dinner. Guess this year will start new traditions - dinner's always been at Grandma's. When a door closes, a new one opens, right?


Merry Christmas!


What are your traditions?

3 comments:

  1. OMG that is soooo funny, my SIL takes her tree down the day after Christmas.... me well I take it down like after New Year's Ha! Ha!

    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean...as soon as the holidays are over I want to house back to "normal"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to keep my tree up as long as possible :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by